With the onset of rainy season, people get to tip-tap-toe under the heavy rain. Though, you need to safeguard your feet from the external threats posed due to exposure. Do you think the solution is to get the rain boots and cover up? Wait! Do those boots suit your fashion? If you answered ‘no’, here are some tips for wearing fashionable footwear during this season, while also safeguarding your feet without the need to compromise your sense of fashion.
Choose the Right Footwear
It’s crucial to select the right footwear in order to keep your feet not just happy, but also free from infection. There’s an extensive range of footwear suitable for the rainy days available in footwear showrooms. Here are some ideal choices for the monsoon:
- Flip-Flops: Fashionable flip-flops made of PVC or rubber materials are perfect choice for the rainy season since they dry easily, are washable, and can be maintained easily.
- Crocs: Here’s another good option. Since they are essentially made of rubber, they offer enhanced grip, thus stopping your foot from slipping. Make a style statement by choosing vibrant colors.
- Closed or Peep-Toe Shoes: Peep-toe shoes are available in PVC, good enough for surviving the monsoon. Closed shoes or ballerinas are also available in waterproof materials.
- Slip-Resistant Sandals: Go for these to match your formal outfit. Strapped sandals with slip resistance feature can offer better grip.
- Gum Boots: The best option for rainy season! Gum boots and rain boots are water-proof and protect your feet from dirt, mud and water.
Avoid These Mistakes
- Don’t wear heels during the monsoons. However, if it’s unavoidable, opt for slip-resistant sandals with less than 2-inches heels.
- Don’t wear leather footwear as it can easily get infected with bacteria and fungus. If you are passionate about them, look for water-proof leather shoes, which are ideal for rainy days. Formal water-proof leather shoes or shoes with foam base that offer resistance to odor are a big hit among the office-goers.
Tips for Monsoon Footwear Purchase
- If you are buying plastic footwear, ensure that they do not have any sharp corners that can cause shoe bites.
- Opt for footwear with good gripping ability so that your foot is held in place without slipping when the shoes and feet are wet.
- Avoid wearing canvas or sports shoes as they may favor bacteria growth.
- Avoid keeping your wet sandals or shoes in a shoe cabinet or under the bed as this may cause growth of bacteria. Allow them to dry under the sun. Proper maintenance of footwear is very important during the monsoons.
Follow these tips to wear fashionable footwear even during the rainy season, while also staying safe and protecting your feet.